Wednesday, August 4, 2010

New Crisis!!!! Never knew we are soooo dependent on maids!

It was a fine early morning; 7 AM...I was still contemplating whether to wake up and go to office on time or just snooze again and get delayed like usuall....then came in the call! a formidable call...my maid's husband called to tell me that she's not coming since she fell off the stairs and hurt her leg, he was taking her to the hospital!
My world shook....I just realised that i did not even know the cronical order of getting things done before i left to office...
BTW, My maid - my god :) comes in early, cooks for us, cooks for my son, i leave to office and then my son wakes up - so she takes complete care of him, takes him to school, serves food for my hubby and on my son's return; she gives him lunch, gets him to sleep, takes him to the park in the evening and feeds him dinner by the time i arrive like a queen and give her 'permission' to go!! so now you know why i got paralysed...
then..slowly I started seeing some light after the blackout and woke Ravi (My husband - poor soul who was in deep slumber) and asked if he can take care of him after school since he did not have any work planned for the day - he mumbled yes and i had won the first battle of the day...
then i came to the kitchen wondering what all i can think of cooking - I know to cook but don't cook by choice so.... I finally settled for yesterday's stuff reheated and ready to eat :)
Cooked rice and dal for my son and by then my cleaning lady arrived...while I was crying over her shoulders, Ravi who had fully woken up threw this Hiroshima bomb on me saying 'he remembered that he had a few appointments in the afternoon and was shocked that he had said Yes earlier!!!!!!!!#*@($&^#(#&*@(*&^$ - I was so shattered that the look on my face made my cleaning lady raise to the occassion and say that she'll take care of him but till 5 PM....
then I ran the marathon of waking my son, feeding him and finally putting him in his playschool by 11:30 AM....Ran to office, worked worked worked...outsourced post 5 PM baby sitting to my father till i came back by 8! Phew! what a day.....that was when i realised that we are sooo dependent on our maids that even one day them not coming in...a weekday....I am deaddddd!
so much of coordination, so much of outsourcing.... so much of marathon running....
are there any working women who do all this by themselves?? My Hats offff to them!! :)
the next day when my maid came back, limping to prove her point, I was never happier in my life....
seems blueee that a maid's re-entry into the house could bring so much joy...but its true :)
Gosh! Life is so dependent on people whom you think are the last ones to impact your life !!

1 comment:

  1. yes! we are so dependent on them... I know that feeling when u suddenly realise that she wont be coming... that sinking feeling in the stomach...! :)
    I remember my mom would be in a terrible mood for the entire day if she didnt turn up!!

    they make so much of a difference in our lives - i think its wrong to label them 'domestic help'. they are a lot more than that i guess !!

    ReplyDelete